SUMMER PROJECTS IN MATHEMATICS AT THE TECHNION
Sunday-Friday, September 2-7, 2018
The registration is still closed
The Faculty of Mathematics at the Technion is inviting motivated undergraduate students (finishing their 2nd and 3rd year*) to experience research level mathematics in a week of projects. The projects will be mentored by professors, postdocs and graduate students from the faculty. Each group will consist of 2-4 students working on the same research topic. In addition, the program includes social gatherings with the faculty members. Housing, meals, and a stipend will be provided.
(*) Registration will be open for students from all departments as well as for master students at the beginning of their studies.
Information about the projects:
1. Lior Alon and Ram Band: How many wave lengths can fit in a quantum graph
2. Avi Berman: Graphs that are detemined by their spectra
3. Michael Cwikel: Rational Tangles
4. Vadim Derkach, Habiba Kalantarova and Amy Novick-Cohen: Mean Curvature and Surface Diffusion Motions Symmetries and Special Solutions
5. Radhika Gupta, Michah Sageev, Emily Stark and Daniel J Woodhouse: Groups, quasi-isometries, growth and Hyperbolicity
6. Nir Lazarovich: Graphs and groups
7. Arielle Leitner: Dessin d’Enfant: Drawing on Surfaces
8. Itai Shafrir: Distances between homotopy classes of self maps of the unit circle
9. Orr Shalit: Numerical explorations of open problems from operator theory
Organizers: Ram Band, Tali Pinsky, Ron Rosenthal