With support also from The Graduate School at the Technion:
SUMMER PROJECTS IN MATHEMATICS AT THE TECHNION
Sunday-Friday, September 25-30, 2016
The Mathematics Department at the Technion is inviting motivated undergraduate students (finishing their 2nd and 3rd year*) to experience research level mathematics in a week of projects. The projects will be mentored by professors, postdocs and graduate students from the department. Each group will consist of 2-4 students working on the same research topic. In addition, the program includes social gatherings with the faculty members. Housing, meals, and a stipend will be provided.
- Periodicity of rational fractions (Uri Shapira and Ofir David)
- Hamiltonian dynamics of quadratic Hamiltonians (Michael Entov)
- Application of asymptotic methods to problems in micro fluids (Valeri Frumkin)
- Dessins d’Enfants: drawing on the torus and other surfaces (Arielle Leitner)
- Quasicrystals – mathematical beauties (Amos Nevo and Felix Pogorzelski)
- Problems in discrete geometry (Rom Pinchasi)
- Projection methods (Simeon Reich and Rafal Zalas)
- Percolation and random graphs (Ron Rosenthal)
- Hilbert function spaces of analytic functions in a complex variable (Guy Salomon and Orr Shalit)
- Lattices and sails (Uri Shapira)
- Scalar conservation laws on graphs (Gershon Wolansky)
- Completely positive matrices, copositive matrices and combinatorial optimization (Avi Berman and Naomi Shaked Monderer)
(*) Registration is open also to master students at the beginning of their studies.
Women and under-represented minorities in mathematics particularly encouraged to apply.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED