You are invited to take part in our:
Math Research Week 2019
September 22-26, 2019
Registration is closed.
The Mathematics faculty at the Technion is inviting motivated undergraduate students (finishing their 2nd and 3rd year*) to experience mathematical research in a week of projects. The projects will be mentored by professors, postdocs and graduate students from the Faculty of Mathematics. Each group will consist of 2-4 students working on the same research topic. In addition, the program includes social gatherings with the faculty members. Housing, meals, and a stipend will be provided.
Projects and mentors:
- Avi Berman: Expander graphs
- Nick Crawford: Fermions and spanning forests
- Victor Kolobov and Simeon Reich: Projection Methods
- Ivan Levcovitz and Alex Margolis : Quasi-isometries of trees and infinite ended spaces
- Erez Nesharim, Uri Shapira and Shucheng Yu: Linear flows in the space of lattices
- Amy Novick-Cohen: Geometric motions
- Tali Pinsky: The Lie algebra of modular knots
- Liran Rotem: The geometric mean of convex bodies
- Shoham Sabach and Shimrit Shtern: Classifying critical points of nonconvex quadratic functions
- Orr Shalit: Numercial exlorations of open problems in operator theory
The number of positions is limited. Please apply as soon as possible.
Organizers: Michael Khanevsky, Nir Lazarovich, Tali Pinsky & Ron Rosenthal
(*) Registration is open also to master students at the beginning of their studies.